Miller Family Adventures

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

Thursday, November 02, 2006

"It Wasn't That Baaaaad!"
Last Saturday our landlord and her husband took us to a very “famous” Vietnamese de (ze) restaurant. We sat on chairs like those used in a Pre K 4 class room and a table about the same size. Then came the “de”. If I recall, we had about four different kinds of “de”. We had grilled “de” breast, cubed “de”, chopped “de”, fried “de” and boiled “de.” We stabbed it, skewered it, rolled it and dipped it. We ate parts of the “de” that I don’t even want to think about! The boys were not impressed. I don’t understand why? Every red blooded American boy should appreciate good “de!” So… I know you are dying to know…. What is “de” (pronounced ze)? Tune in next week and I will tell you or go buy a Vietnamese dictionary!
Okay! I’m dying to tell you. “De” is goat! Good ole “cabrito.” However, when I ate cabrito I must admit I never ate the female utter or the heart. But, I’ve (we) have done it now! Think about us the next time you go to Taco Bell! Please!

1 Comments:

Blogger kj said...

Ewe are quite an utterly adventurous man!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home